Saturday, 6:08 PM - Dinner

“Where are we going for dinner?”
“Uh, what?”
“It is Saturday. We should go to dinner.”
“I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but why should we go to dinner?”
“Because it is date night. Humans go to dinner on date night.“
“But we aren’t dating.”
“Why are we not dating?”
“Because dating is when two people who like each other go out and do things together.”
“Do you not like me?”
“Of course I like you, but not in a romantic way.”
“If you liked me in a romantic way, could we then go to dinner?”
“I don't think you understand. We can go to dinner even if we're not a couple.”
“But we are a couple. A couple is two of something. We are two life forms. We can go to dinner as a couple of life forms on date night.”
“No… you see… a couple is not just two life forms.... So, did you have any particular place in mind?”
“I watched a chronicle of a place that makes cakes of cheese. Humans seemed to be having a good time there.”
“A chronicle of… you saw a commercial for The Cheesecake Factory.”
“Yes, that is it. We should go to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner."

The Cheesecake Factory

No comments:

Post a Comment